China Resident foreign Journalist Visa Visa -J2 Visa – U.S. Citizens: Foreign journalists who intend to go to China for short-term news coverage. The intended duration of stay in China is no more than 180 days.
STANDARD REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL CHINA VISIT VISAS
- A) Applicant’s Passport: original, undamaged; valid for at least another 6 months.
- B) Visa Application Form: Please download, complete, print and sign China visa application
- Important: The visa application must be filled out on your computer and then printed. They should not be completed by hand. All fields in the form must be filled in, with “N/A” entered in any fields that are not applicable, or the consulate will reject the application. You must include your job title on question 1.17 on the visa application where it asks for company name. Please list in the form of company name/job title.
- C) Photograph: one recent, clear, front view, in color, professional 2″x2″ passport photo of the applicant with a plain white or off-white background.
- D) Copy of Previous Visas: For applicants that have had a China Visa issued in the past 2 years, a photocopy of previous visas and a copy of all entry and exit stamps from trips taken in the past 2 years must be submitted.
- E) Copy of Driver’s License: copy of front and back of driver’s license
- F) Job and Company/Organization Description Form: An additional form for employed applicants, completed and signed by the applicant.
- Applicants current position with his/her company and a job description
- Description of what the applicants company is/does
- G) Visa Notification Letter: issued by the Information Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China and an official letter issued by the media organization for which the journalist works.
- Applicants should contact the press office of the Chinese Embassy/Consulate General in advance and complete relevant formalities.
REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-US CITIZENS ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS BORN IN CHINA, HONG KONG, MACAU, OR TAIWAN INFORMATION FOR PERSONS OF TIBETAN ORIGIN ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MINORS
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS BORN IN CHINA, HONG KONG, MACAU, OR TAIWAN INFORMATION FOR PERSONS OF TIBETAN ORIGIN ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MINORS
INFORMATION FOR PERSONS OF TIBETAN ORIGIN ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MINORS