If you’re wondering, “can I get a second passport?”, then you came to the right place. Follow the steps below in order to complete the requirements for getting a 2nd passport.
Standard Requirements for a Second Passport
- Complete Application: Complete, download & print the DS-82 application form from the government website.
- NOTE: If your passport application processing time is 6 or more days, we will need a second copy of the application form attached to our Letter of Authorization form.
- Complete our LOA (Letter of Authorization): The Letter of Authorization simply enables us to act in the capacity necessary to resolve and answer any problems that may arise, to submit your passport application, and to pick up your passport (and any related documents) when it has been issued by the Passport Agency.
- Photograph: two recent, clear, front view, in color, professional 2″x2″ passport photos of the applicant with a plain white or off-white background.
- In color
- Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template below for more size requirement details.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Itinerary: Copy of your round-trip ticket, reservation, or letter from a travel agency under applicant’s name, listing flight number and arrival/departure dates and reservation code provided by the airline/cruise company;
- Most Recent Passport:
- Needs at least six months of validity remaining. Passport must be signed. VERY IMPORTANT: Affix a note to your picture page stating “Do not cancel this passport.
- F) Statement Requesting a Second Limited Passport:
- Be sure to sign the statement.
Second Passport Request Statement Template
If you are looking for a new US passport, please visit our New Adult Passport or Child Passport page for information on application requirements, application fees, and where to apply. However, if your passport was lost or stolen, you can visit our Lost or Stolen Passport Replacement page to apply for a new one.
- For more information on fees for a second passport, see the Passport Fee page.