Laos Business Visa – U.S. Citizens
STANDARD REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL BUSINESS VISAS
- A) Applicant’s Passport: original, undamaged, and valid for at least another 6 months beyond intended stay.
- Foreign nationals residing in the USA also need to provide a notarized copy of Permanent Resident Card (the Green Card) or U.S. valid visa with a valid I-94 card.
- B) Visa Application Form: Visa Application completed online, typed and signed. If any spaces are not used they must be filled with N/A. The consulate will reject applications that are not fully completed.
- D) Photograph: 3 Passport-type photographs required. (No glasses, with the applicants face in plain view and ears must be showing). The applicant must also be wearing a button-up shirt with a tie. The consulate will only accept actual 2×2 passport type photographs from a reputable source, i.e. Kinko’s, Walgreens, CVS, etc. Photos printed at home or from an office printer will not be accepted under any circumstances. Photos that are sent in invalid format will be rejected and will cause a delay in submission at the traveler’s expense.
- E) Business Letter: meeting the requirements listed below:
- Original: original signature of senior manager;
- Issued by applicant’s company/employer in the United States; State the following information
- Nature of business of the U.S. company;
- Applicant’s title and/or functions with the U.S. company;
- Detailed information concerning nature of business and activities to be conducted;
- Responsibility of the U.S. company that applicant will not be pursuing any activities that are incompatible with a business visa (such as paid work, technical assistance, technical training) during his/her stay;
- Name(s) and address (es) of company (ies) with which applicant is going to deal/negotiate with;
- Name(s) of person(s) to be contacted, phone number(s) and his/her/their functions with the company (ies);
- Expected travel dates of trip;
- Responsibility of the U.S. company for applicant’s stay and his/her return to the country of origin;
NOTE: business letters MUST HAVE ALL of the above-mentioned information. Business letters missing any of the required information and/or without original signature WILL NOT be accepted and therefore visa application WILL NOT be processed.
- F) Itinerary: copy of your round-trip ticket, reservation, or letter from a travel agency under applicant’s name, listing flight number and arrival/departure dates and reservation code provided by the airline/cruise company;