China Family Visit less than 180 days -Q1 Visa – U.S. Citizens: Foreigners who are family members* of Chinese citizens or of foreigners with Chinese permanent residence and intend to go to China for family reunion, or to those who intend to go to China for the purpose of foster care. The intended duration of stay in China exceeds 180 days.
STANDARD REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL CHINA FAMILY VISIT VISAS
- A) Applicant’s Passport: original, undamaged; valid for at least another 6 months.
- B) Visa Application Form: Please download, complete, print and sign China visa application
- Important: The visa application must be filled out on your computer and then printed. They should not be completed by hand. All fields in the form must be filled in, with “N/A” entered in any fields that are not applicable, or the consulate will reject the application. You must include your job title on question 1.17 on the visa application where it asks for company name. Please list in the form of company name/job title.
- C) Photograph: one recent, clear, front view, in color, professional 2″x2″ passport photo of the applicant with a plain white or off-white background.
- D) Copy of Previous Visas: For applicants that have had a China Visa issued in the past 2 years, a photocopy of previous visas and a copy of all entry and exit stamps from trips taken in the past 2 years must be submitted.
- E) Copy of Driver’s License: copy of front and back of driver’s license
- F) Job and Company/Organization Description Form: An additional form for employed applicants, completed and signed by the applicant.
- Applicants current position with his/her company and a job description
- Description of what the applicants company is/does
- G) For Family Reunion: the following documents are required: An invitation letter issued by a Chinese citizen or a foreign citizen with a Chinese permanent residence permit who lives in China. The invitation letter should contain:
- Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
- Information on the visit ( purpose of visit, intended arrival date, place(s) of intended residence, intended duration of residence, arrival and departure dates, relations between the applicant and the inviting entity or individual, financial source for expenditures)
- Information on the inviting individual (name, contact telephone number, address, official stamp, signature of legal representative or the inviting individual, etc.)
- Photocopy of Chinese ID of the inviting individual or foreign passport and permanent residence permit.
- Original and photocopy of certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification of kinship issued by Public Security Bureau or notarized certification of kinship) showing the relationship of family members between applicant and inviting individual. (“Family members” refers to spouses, parents, sons, daughters, spouses of sons or daughters, brothers, sisters, grandparents, grandsons, granddaughters and parents-in-law.)
- H) For foster care, the following documents are required:
- Foster entrustment notarization issued by Chinese Embassies/Consulates General in foreign countries or Foster Care Power of Attorney notarized and authenticated in the country of residence or in China
- Original and photocopy of the consignor’s passport(s), as well as the original and photocopy of certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification of kinship issued by Public Security Bureau or notarized certification of kinship) notarized and authenticated certification showing the relationship between parents or guardians and children.
- A letter of consent on foster care issued by the trustee living in China who has agreed to provide foster care services and a photocopy of the ID of the trustee.
- A photocopy of the certificate indicating the permanent residence status abroad of the parent(s) when the child was born, provided that either or both parents of the child are Chinese citizens.
REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-US CITIZENS ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS BORN IN CHINA, HONG KONG, MACAU, OR TAIWAN INFORMATION FOR PERSONS OF TIBETAN ORIGIN ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MINORS
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS BORN IN CHINA, HONG KONG, MACAU, OR TAIWAN INFORMATION FOR PERSONS OF TIBETAN ORIGIN ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MINORS
INFORMATION FOR PERSONS OF TIBETAN ORIGIN ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MINORS